Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearch

Claiming compensation for damage caused by water management

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOLast updated on Nederlandse versie

Do you suffer damage as a result of water management by the province? You can claim compensation from the province.

Find out more or arrange now

at your municipality, province, or water authority

The province’s water management tasks are groundwater extraction and managing the groundwater quality. You can claim compensation from the province if you suffer damage as a result of, for example:

  • drinking water extraction
  • large industrial extraction (more than 150,000 m3 per year)
  • extraction for soil energy

You can apply for damage compensation to the province only if your insurance does not cover the damage or covers only part of the damage.

Regional or national waters

Did you suffer damage as a result of other water management tasks in regional waters? Then you claim compensation with your regional water authority and not the province.

Did you suffer damage as a result of activities in national waters? Then you can claim compensation from the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management (I&W, in Dutch).

Has compensation been denied and do you disagree with that decision? You can object to the decision with the authority to which you applied for the compensation.

Applying for compensation online via Message Box

At the province of Noord-Brabant you can apply for compensation for damages as a result of activities in water management via Message Box. Message Box is a secure email system that enables you as an entrepreneur to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.

Related articles

To top