Free-sale certificate

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

You may need a free-sale certificate (FSC) if you export food products, non-food products, animal feed or medical devices to non-EU/non-EEA countries. This applies among others to:

  • food
  • non-food products
  • animal feed
  • medical devices
  • pharmaceutical products
  • crop protection agents
  • biocides

All FSC products must comply with European law and must be marketable without any restrictions within the EU. You can check the EU's Acces2Markets database to find out if you need a free-sale certificate for export outside the EU.

Animal feed, food products and non-food products

You can apply for a free-sale certificate for animal feed (in Dutch) to the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (Nederlandse Voedsel en Warenautoriteit, NVWA) or they can issue an export certificate for food and non-food products (in Dutch).

Pharmaceutical products and Medical devices

On request, Farmatec may issue an export certificate (CPP, in Dutch) for farmaceutical products, with which you can certify that you possess the required permits for these products. Farmatec also issues free sale certificates for exporting medical devices and in vitro diagnostic medical devices. The Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board (CBG) issues export certificates (CPP) for animal medication.

Crop protection products and biocides

The Board for the Authorisation of Plant Protection Products and Biocides (CTGB) may issue an export statement for plant protection products and biocides upon request. The CTGB will confirm through this statement that the product has been approved or registered for the specified application(s). You can freely sell the product for those applications in the Netherlands.

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO