Logo of the Dutch government

Permit for closing a public road

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

If you want to close a road in the Netherlands, in order to carry out work or organise an event, or you want to drive your tractor on cycle lanes (not allowed according to the Dutch Road Traffic Act 1994) (Wegenverkeerswet 1994)), you need a permit or exemption from the municipal of provincial authorities. Occasionally, it is sufficient to simply notify the municipal authorities when safety permits this.

Online application procedure via Message Box

At the province of Noord-Brabant you can apply digitally for the following permits also via Message Box:

  • Dispensation for road races.
  • Dispensation Road Traffic Act 1994.
  • Dispensation Motor vehicle Decree and Traffic rules and signs Decree.
  • Permit for the use of a provincial road.

Message Box is a secure email system that enables you as an entrepreneur to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy & CookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1