On this page
If you work in or are involved in the childcare sector or you share accommodation with a registered childminder, you have to be registered in the register for persons active in the childcare sector.
The register contains information on all persons active in the childcare sector. The data in the register enables continual screening. Anyone working in or involved with the childcare sector also requires a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). The childcare sector includes crèches, childminders, toddler's play groups, out-of-school childcare and childminding agencies.
- board members of childcare centres
- childcare centre owners
- childminders and their adult housemates
- temporary and permanent employees
- administrative personnel with access to the children’s details
- temping staff, trainees, volunteers and self-employed staff
- anyone who lives at the childcare premises
- anyone who frequents the childcare premises (such as cleaners, gardeners etc.)