Logo of the Dutch government

Register for persons active in the childcare sector

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Do you work in or are involved in the childcare sector? Or do you share accommodation with a registered childminder? You have to be registered in the register for persons active in the childcare sector (in Dutch).

The register contains information on all persons active in the childcare sector. The data in the register enables continual screening. Anyone working in or involved with the childcare sector also requires a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). The childcare sector includes crèches, childminders, toddler's play groups, out-of-school childcare, and childminding agencies.

For whom?

  • board members of childcare centres
  • childcare centre owners
  • childminders and their adult housemates
  • temporary and permanent employees
  • administrative personnel with access to the children’s details
  • temping staff, trainees, volunteers, and self-employed staff
  • anyone who lives at the childcare premises
  • anyone who frequents the childcare premises (such as cleaners, gardeners etc.)

How to register?

You register with DUO (Education Executive Agency, in Dutch) using your DigiD. If you have any questions on your registration, you can contact DUO (in Dutch).

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy & CookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1