On this page
If you work with explosives, you must have the following accreditations:
- An accreditation for your business. You can apply for this at the police station in the region where your business is set up.
- An accreditation for every employee who works with explosives. You can apply for this at the police station in the region where your employee resides.
You must also have a register, which enables you to keep track of what you do with the explosives. You also need a working conditions certificate.
Transport of explosives
If you want to transport explosives, you require a transfer permit.
- If you transport explosives for non-military use within the European Union, you need permission from the Member State from which you export the explosives, but also from the Member States you will use for transit and final delivery.
- If you transport explosives within the Netherlands, you must apply for the permit (Dutch) to the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport, ILT).
- If you transport explosives for mining purposes, the recipient needs to apply for the permit to the Energy Market Department of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK).
Assessing and checking explosives
If you wish to assess and check explosives, you must have permission from the Ministry of Infrastructure, Public Works and Water Management.
Digital application with Message Box
With Message Box you can apply for the accreditation and transfer permit digitally to various organisations. Message Box is a secure email system which allows you, the entrepreneur, to exchange digital messages with Dutch government organisations.
Message Box for the Energy Market Department of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (Directie Energiemarkt van EZK) is available under the name 'Ministry of EL&I DG ETM'.