Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearchHomeRunning your businessStaffRecruiting and hiring staff

Spouse, civil partner, or children working in the company

This information is provided by:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstStatistics Netherlands, CBSStatistics Netherlands, CBSNederlandse versie

If you own a company in the Netherlands and your spouse or civil partner or your child starts working for you, several arrangements are possible.

Your spouse or partner joins your company

You can arrange this in 3 ways:


  • Discuss your situation with your accountant to find out which solution is best for you and your partner or child.
  • Also consider liability for debts if your partner or child joins your company or becomes a co-owner. The liability depends on the legal structure of your company. The form of cohabitation with your partner, or of your child with their partner is also important.
  • Your child working in your company

    You can arrange this in 3 ways:

Statistics: contributing family worker

Number of family members contributing to work.

Related articles

To top