On this page
Do you need eHerkenning to file your tax returns via the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration through Mijn Belastingdienst Zakelijk? You can claim back the costs of eHerkenning through the Compensation for eHerkenning costs scheme.
You will receive approximately €24 a year. The scheme only applies to eHerkenning with safety level 3. Costs for other safety levels of eHerkenning will not be reimbursed. The scheme will be open for 2 years. It will pay back costs made from 1 January 2020.
When do you qualify?
You can enter for the Compensation of eHerkenning costs scheme if the following terms apply:
- You need eHerkenning to file your company’s tax returns (this is not the case if you are registered as a sole trader, then you can use DigiD).
- You have purchased eHerkenning with safety level 3 from a certified provider (in Dutch) or you have upgraded from safety levels 1, 2 or 2+ to level 3.
- Compensation is available for just 1 eHerkenning token a year.
- You only claim back costs made from 1 January 2020 onwards.
- You file your tax returns yourself, you are not eligible for compensation if an intermediary handles your tax returns.
Read more on the conditions (in Dutch) for this compensation scheme.
Tax return through software or intermediary
Are you unable to register with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK) and can therefore not use eHerkenning? You will have to use software or an intermediary to submit your tax returns. You are not eligible for compensation of eHerkenning costs. However, you may be eligible for other compensation schemes. The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration will provide more information about this in the near future.
How to apply
You can apply for the Compensation of eHerkenning costs scheme with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO, in Dutch) from August.