On this page
Do you need eHerkenning to file your tax returns via the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration (Belastingdienst) through Mijn Belastingdienst Zakelijk? And did you buy the Belastingdienst EH3-login tool? You can claim back the costs through the Compensation for eHerkenning costs scheme.
You will receive approximately €24 a year. Compensation is available for just 1 eHerkenning token. The scheme only applies to the Belastingdienst EH3 eHerkenning login tool (in Dutch). It will pay back costs made from 1 January 2020.
When do you qualify?
You can enter for the Compensation of eHerkenning costs scheme (in Dutch) if the following terms apply:
- You need the Belastingdienst EH3-login tool to file your company’s tax returns. Please note: if you are are registered as a sole trader, you can use DigiD.
- You have purchased the Belastingdienst EH3-login tool from a certified provider (in Dutch) or you have upgraded from another eHerkenning level.
- You file your tax returns yourself, you are not eligible for compensation if an intermediary handles your tax returns.
Read more on the conditions (in Dutch) for this compensation scheme.
Tax return through software or intermediary
Are you unable to register with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK) and therefore not use eHerkenning? You will have to use software or an intermediary to submit your tax returns. You are not eligible for the Compensation of eHerkenning costs. However, you do have a right to compensation. The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration will provide more information about this in the near future.
How to apply
You can apply for the Compensation of eHerkenning costs scheme with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO, in Dutch) from October. There are two timeslots to apply for compensation:
- For the year 2020: from 1 October 2020 to 31 August 2021
- For the year 2021: from 1 September 2021 to 31 July 2022