If your company or knowledge institute collaborates internationally in the areas of research, technological development and innovation, you can participate in the Horizon Europe programme. This European subsidy programme runs from 2021 until 2027.
Horizon Europe categories
You qualify for subsidy from Horizon Europe if your project falls into 1 of the 3 categories (pillars):
- Excellent Science: aimed at researchers, to reinforce and extend the excellence of the European Union’s science base. You can request subsidy support for pioneering research or for improving the research infrastructure. Grants are also available for researchers who want to work abroad (temporarily) or want to improve their skills through training.
- Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness: to speed up the development of the technologies and innovations that will underpin EU policies and the Sustainable Development Goals. This pillar focusses on:
- Innovative Europe: stimulates innovation to improve the EU’s competitiveness. This pillar includes the European Innovation Council (EIC), the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) and the European Innovation Ecosystems.
There is also the horizontal action Widening Participation and Strengthening the European Research Area.
Missions are a part of Horizon Europe. Missions consist of research activities and aim to solve major societal challenges. There are 5 mission areas:
- Adaptation to climate change mission
- Cancer mission
- Restore our oceans and waters mission
- Climate-neutral and smart cities mission
- Soil deal for Europe mission
How to apply?
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency's Team IRIS offers you assistance in the form of advice and partner search. Do you seek general advice about Horizon Europe? Please contact the programme office of Team IRIS via an email to email@example.com. Do you have questions about a specific Horizon Europe topic, or do you seek financial advice or legal advice? Then contact one of the Horizon Europe advisors of Team IRIS.
To find out about current opportunities, please search for Horizon Europe on the Funding & Tenders Portal of the European Commission.