On this page
If you would like to offer work-based learning or practical learning opportunities, the Subsidy Scheme for Practical Learning (Subsidieregeling praktijkleren) may offer you compensation for the costs for mentoring pupils, students, or participants in various further education sectors.
When do you qualify?
If you want to qualify for a practical learning subsidy, you must meet a number of conditions. These conditions differ according to the type of education for:
- pupils in special secondary education (VSO), who follow job orientation classes in their final year
- pupils in practical education (PRO), who do practical learning in their final year
- pupils in lower vocational professional education (VMBO), who follow a combined training and work programme
- students in intermediate vocational education (MBO), who participate in block or day release classes (BBL)
- students in higher vocational education (HBO) where the programme consists of learning and working
- promovendi and technical designers in training (TOIOs)
How to apply?
Applications run according to the academic year and can be submitted at the end of the placement. This subsidy is closed for the academic year 2018/2019. You can apply for the Subsidy Scheme for Practical Learning for the next academic year from June - September 2020. This subsidy is administered by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl).