Do you own an inland vessel and do you want to invest in a cleaner engine or a catalytic converter for your ship? You can apply for the subsidy scheme for sustainability of inland vessels (subsidieregeling verduurzaming binnenvaartschepen, SRVB).
Owners of inland vessels can apply for compensation of investments in:
- ship engines of the IWP, IWA, or NRE type
- ship engines certified under stage 5 of the EU regulation on combustion engines, as listed on the CESNI-list
- an SCR-type catalytic converter (selective catalytic reduction)
- an electric power train on the propshaft
- additional soundproofing measures when installing a new engine or catalytic converter
The amount of the subsidy you receive depends on the size of your company:
- Large companies can get up to 40% compensation
- Medium-sized companies can get up to 50% compensation
- Small companies can get up to 60% compensation
You can use the SME self-assessment tool to determine for which percentage you are eligible. You can get a subsidy of up to €400,000 per inland vessel.
Who can apply?
You can apply for this subsidy if, among others:
- you own an inland vessel
- you have an inland shipping certificate (binnenvaartcertificaat, in Dutch) from the EU or Switzerland for the ship you apply for
- in the 12 months preceding your application and the 2 years after the adjustment you are active on Dutch waterways for at least 60 days per year
- your ships engine or catalytic converter must be functioning at the moment of application
You can read all conditions of the SRVB with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO, in Dutch).
How to apply?
You can apply to RVO for the subsidy sustainable inland vessels (in Dutch) from 7 February until 31 October 2023, 17.00 hour.