Do you post a lot of videos on social media such as YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok? Are you an influential uploader of video content on these channels (do you have many followers/subscribers)? Then you are an influencer. You are subject to supervision by the Dutch Media Authority (Commissariaat voor de Media). You need to keep to the Media Act. This also means you must follow the rules for advertising that also apply to television. As an uploader of video you must be clear on commercial messages and you must protect minors from harmful content.
- you are active on YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok
- you have 500,000 subscribers/followers or more
- you post videos regularly (at least 24 videos in the past 12 months)
- you earn from these video’s, either money, products, or services.
- you are registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KVK) as an entrepreneur
- influencers with at least 500,000 followers on YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok who are registered with KVK, who upload at least 24 videos per year, and earn from their video content
The 'Policy rule on qualification of commercial media services on demand 2022' will enter into effect on 1 July 2022.