On this page
What has changed?
Do you sell alcohol? Rules for selling and serving alcohol are tightened:
- Age verification rules are more strict, especially for web shops and delivery services that sell and deliver alcohol. Online vendors of alcohol are responsible for age verification from order to delivery.
- Vendors must limit discounts to at most 25%. Special offers for alcohol such as ‘buy two, pay for one’ are not allowed any more.
- The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) are responsible for the supervision on online sales and special offers for alcohol.
- liquor stores (off-licences)
- wine merchants
- hospitality industry (on-licences such as pubs, restaurants)
- online suppliers of alcoholic beverages
- (mail) deliverers
- commercial pick-up points
This change to the Alcohol Act (previously named Licensing and Catering Act) has come into force on 1 July 2021.