Letting or repurposing vacant buildings

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
< 1 min read

If you own a vacant building in the Netherlands, such as an office or school, you could decide to let it temporarily. If you want to do so, you need a permit from your municipality. One of the conditions to obtain this permit is that the building can be made inhabitable relatively easy. The maximum letting period is 10 years.

Permit application form

You can apply for the permit using the Dutch-language permit application form on the website of the Dutch government.

Expert team converting offices to houses

As a municipality, owner or other party involved, if you want to transform a vacant office into houses and need further information, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency expert team (in Dutch) advices municipalities on the possibilities of office transformation.

Questions relating to this article?

Please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO