Logo of the Dutch government

Licence to provide sales demonstrations at a hotel or catering company

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Nederlandse versie

Do you run a hotel or catering establishment in the Netherlands and do you want to organise a sales demonstration? Or do you want to operate a retail outlet in your establishment? You may, for instance, want to sell products not for immediate consumption. In that case, in some municipalities a licence is required.

To obtain a licence you must state, for example:

  • why you want to organise the demonstration
  • what you want to demonstrate
  • when you want to organise this demonstration

In some cases you do not need a licence. This depends, for instance, on whether or not you will be serving alcohol in the same room as the demonstration. Please contact your municipality for more information (in Dutch).

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1