On this page
If you want to organise an event at a public location in the Netherlands, you will probably need an event licence from your local municipality. This applies to activities such as:
- store openings involving activities in a public street
- neighbourhood street parties, grill or barbecue
- street fairs, flea markets, fairs (indoor as well as outdoor) or parades
- party tents
- circus performances
- jumble sales
- helicopter landings or take-off
- flying a captive balloon
- take-off of a hot-air or helium balloon
- parachute jumping
- exhibitions or a theatre, cabaret or musical performances.
Waterway event licence
If you plan to organise an event along a provincial waterway, you will need a waterway event licence from the provincial authority. The provincial authority will only grant a waterway event licence for short events, and on condition that the event will not jeopardise the safety and progress of shipping traffic.
Dispensation from the prohibition of noise-exceeding bike engines
If you want bike engines to exceed the permitted noise level at an event or on a sports field, you have to apply for dispensation from the provincial authorities.
Online application procedure via Message Box
You can also submit your event licence applications online via Message Box. At the province of Noord-Brabant you can use Message Box for applying dispensation from the prohibition of noise-exceeding bike engines. Message Box is a secure email system that enables entrepreneurs to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.