Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government information for entrepreneurs

Applying for an event licence

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

If you want to organise an event at a public location in the Netherlands, you will probably need an event licence from your local municipality. This applies to activities such as:

However, in some cases a notification will suffice. Obviously, for your event you may need additional licences, such as a licence to serve alcohol, play music or place stalls or kiddie rides.

Waterway event licence

If you plan to organise an event along a provincial waterway, you will need a waterway event licence from the provincial authority. The provincial authority will only grant a waterway event licence for short events, and on condition that the event will not jeopardise the safety and progress of shipping traffic.

Dispensation from the prohibition of noise-exceeding bike engines

If you want bike engines to exceed the permitted noise level at an event or on a sports field, you have to apply for dispensation from the provincial authorities.

Online application procedure via Message Box

You can also submit your event licence applications online via Message Box. At the province of Noord-Brabant you can use Message Box for applying dispensation from the prohibition of noise-exceeding bike engines. Message Box is a secure email system that enables entrepreneurs to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.

Questions relating to this article?

Please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO