Do you own a construction company, or do you rent out construction equipment? You can apply for the Subsidy for Clean and Zero Emission Construction Equipment (Schoon en Emissieloos Bouwmaterieel, SSEB) to buy cleaner construction equipment or to improve your equipment. With more zero emissions equipment, the construction sector will emit less nitrogen.
With the SSEB Purchase subsidy (subsidie SSEB Aanschaf, in Dutch) you can buy or lease new, clean construction equipment.
With the SSEB Retrofit subsidy (subsidie SSEB Retrofit, in Dutch) you can modify your equipment to make it low-emission or zero emission.
With the SSEB Innovation subsidy (subsidie SSEB Innovatie, in Dutch) you can for instance develop a prototype of your innovative idea (or have it developed), or check the feasibility of your innovation.
When do you qualify?
You own a construction company in the Netherlands, and you have your own equipment, and/or your company rents out construction equipment (construction tools, support equipment, and (maritime) construction vehicles).
Buying construction equipment
If you want to apply for the SSEB Purchase subsidy, you must meet the conditions (in Dutch), among others:
- The construction machinery must new and zero emission. It must be featured on the list of eligible equipment (you can download the Dutch-language list at the at the bottom of this web page).
- The equipment is meant for use in the open air (in the Netherlands) and must be used as such for at least 70% of the time.
- If the equipment is electric powered, the power must be at least 8 kilowatts. The battery cannot contain lead.
- You apply for the subsidy before you buy or lease the equipment.
- You must use the equipment for a number of years.
Improving construction equipment
To apply for the SSEB Retrofit subsidy you must meet the conditions (in Dutch), among others:
- You convert the construction equipment to zero emission power or SCR catalyst, including the installation.
- You need an agreement (not yet final) for the conversion before applying for the subsidy.
- The (converted) equipment is meant for use in the open air (in the Netherlands) and to be used that way for at least 70% of the time.
This subsidy is available to companies established in the Netherlands, or a group of Dutch-based companies. An NGO or a publicly financed research institute can be part of the group.
You can have your project idea assessed by an adviser (in Dutch).
How to apply?
You can apply for a SSEB Purchase or Retrofit subsidy to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency from 9 May 2023 until 29 December 2023, 12:00 hours. The deadline for the SSEB Innovation subsidy was 6 September 2023, 17:00 hours.