On this page
If you are self-employed in the Netherlands and in need of financial support, your municipality can offer you various forms of social benefit options under the Decree on Assistance to the Self-Employed (Besluit bijstandverlening zelfstandigen, Bbz). The Bbz offers loans, credits or low income supplements. Also, your municipality can offer you coaching free of charge.
Different groups of self-employed persons are eligible:
- those starting a company;
- established entrepreneurs who are experiencing temporary financial problems;
- entrepreneurs who are 55 or older with a non-viable company;
- entrepreneurs who wish to end their company.
When do you qualify?
You must satisfy various conditions to be eligible for this facility, including:
- your income is below the welfare assistance level;
- you have been unable to find funds elsewhere;
- you spend at least 1,225 hours a year on your company.
How to apply?
Submit your application to your local municipal authority.