Do you want to reduce your energy costs by making your business more sustainable? With the SME-credit scheme BMKB-Green you can get a loan with a guarantee by the government. This allows you to borrow more and more easily than without this guarantee. The guarantee is for a maximum of 12 years. This scheme is part of the SME credit guarantee scheme (BMKB).
When do you qualify?
To be eligible for the BMKB-Green, you must fulfil various conditions, including the following:
- You have an SME based in the Netherlands, Bonaire, St Eustatius, or Saba.
- Your business has up to 250 FTE employees.
- Your business has an annual revenue of up to €50 million or has a balance sheet total of up to €43 million.
- If you invest in business assets, these must be included on the EIA list (in Dutch).
- The maximum share of other assets for energy is 50%.
Investments in your business accommodation must lead to at least energy label C.
Excluded business groups
Some business groups are excluded from this scheme as they have their own schemes. Excluded are:
- large companies
- agricultural enterprises
- businesses in public health care
- companies in the financial sector
- real estate businesses
How to apply?
Entrepreneurs do not apply for the BMKB-Green themselves. You apply for a loan to one of the participating banks or other funders (in Dutch). They, in turn, submit an application for the BMKB-Green to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). This scheme is available until 1 July 2027.