Do you own an SME and do you want to work with other SMEs on innovative projects in the top sectors of the Netherlands? You may be eligible for the SME Innovation Stimulus for Regional and Top Sectors (Mkb-innovatiestimulering Regio en Topsectoren, MIT, in Dutch).
In the Netherlands 10 sectors are marked as ‘top sectors’ (in Dutch). Businesses in these sectors can help solve issues around the world. Examples of top sectors are: Logistics, Water, and Agriculture.
The MIT offers the following instruments:
- A subsidy for a feasibility project (in Dutch) to map the technological and financial risks involved for your innovative project.
- A knowledge voucher (in Dutch) to have a knowledge institute answer questions about your product, production process or service.
- A subsidy for an R&D cooperation project (in Dutch) to create or innovate products, production processes or services with other SMEs.
- A subsidy for an R&D cooperation project on AI (in Dutch) to create or innovate products, production processes or services with other SMEs which contribute to developing Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- A subsidy to hire an innovation broker for advice (in Dutch).
- A subsidy to organise networking events (in Dutch) such as masterclasses, workshops or conferences.
Who can apply?
The conditions differ for each instrument. Consult the instruments above (via the provided links) for more information. You can use the SME self-assessment tool to check if your organisation fits the criteria of an SME.
How to apply?
The MIT instruments have different application periods. You can apply for a subsidy for:
- feasibility projects are closed for applications
- R&D cooperation project is closed for applications
- R&D cooperation project on AI is closed for applications
- hiring innovation brokers is closed for applications
- organising networking events is closed for applications
- knowledge vouchers from 4 April until 31 October 2023
You can apply to one of the regional offices of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) or to the national office. You need eHerkenning level 2+ to apply.