On this page
Do you work in a parent participation childcare centre (ouderparticipatiecrèche, opc)? The Dutch Childcare Provisions Act (Wet Kinderopvang) will also apply to childcare facilities where parents take responsiblity to look after the children themselves. This means the quality requirements for childcare quality will be applicable to parent participation childcare.
There are 2 demands in the Childcare Provisions Act that an opc does not have to conform to:
- education requirements for childcare workers
- the familiar-face criterion
Instead, these care centres will have to show quality and consistency in another way. They need to include the following points in their pedagogical policy plan:
- how they organise parents' education
- how they offer the children stability
- how they organise the internal structure of the centre
Any other current or future quality requirements for childcare will also apply to parent participation childcare.
- parent participation childcare centres (opcs)
- entrepreneurs working in childcare
This change to the Childcare Provisions Act (Wet Kinderopvang) will come into effect on 1 July 2021.