Applying for a street trader's licence

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOLast updated on Nederlandse versie

Do you want to sell goods or offer your services in the street or door-to-door in the Netherlands? You may need a street trader's licence (ventvergunning) or submit a notification. You apply for a street trader’s licence to the authorities in the municipality where you want to sell your goods.

Find out more or arrange now

at your municipality, province, or water authority

Do you sell a product or offer a service worth more than €50? Then you must comply with the rules on door-to-door selling and street trade.

Conditions for a street trader’s licence

The conditions attached to a street trader's licence or notification differ from one municipality to another. Often the conditions are:

  • you are registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK)
  • you have a valid identity document (ID) with you when you sell door-to-door
  • you keep to specific times
  • you keep to specified areas
  • you do not cause a nuisance or inconvenience

The application period, costs involved, and period of validity can also differ, depending on the municipality.

Online application or notification procedure via Message Box

You can also apply for a street trader's licence or file the notification via Message Box. Message Box is a secure email system that enables you as entrepreneur to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.

Related articles

This webpage is part of an EU quality network