Do you sell a product or offer a service worth more than €50? Then you must comply with the rules on door-to-door selling and street trade.
Do you want to sell food or goods from a stall or van on the street? You do not need to apply for a street trader’s licence. You must usually apply for a market trader's licence.
Conditions for a street trader’s licence
The conditions attached to a street trader's licence or notification differ from one municipality to another. Often the conditions are:
- you are registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK)
- you have a valid identity document (ID) with you when you sell door-to-door
- you keep to specific times
- you keep to specified areas
- you do not cause a nuisance or inconvenience
The application period, costs involved, and period of validity can also differ, depending on the municipality.
Online application or notification procedure via Message Box
You can also apply for a street trader's licence or file the notification via Message Box. Message Box is a secure email system that enables you as entrepreneur to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.