Logo of the Dutch government

Registering with a dispute committee for childcare and healthcare organisations

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Nederlandse versie

Childcare organisations (childcare centres, playgroups and childminding agencies) and care providers must join an independent dispute committee.

Childcare organisations

Owners of childcare centres, playgroups and childminding agencies must register with the Childcare Disputes Committee (in Dutch). Part of this organisation is the National Counter for Childcare Complaints. You also must have a complaints procedure yourself, in which you explain how you deal with complaints lodged by parents or parent committees.

Care providers

Your organisation must join an independent dispute committee. A group of organisations that represent clients and care providers may establish their own dispute commission, which will then be recognised by CIBG as part of the Care Sector Quality, Complaints and Disputes Act (Wet kwaliteit, klachten en geschillen zorg, Wkkgz). You need to have a written agreement with all care providers who work for you.

Handling of complaints

Care providers are responsible themselves for handling complaints and taking measures. They must:

  • report medical mistakes to their client and add this information to their medical file
  • report and evaluate incidents
  • check credentials of new staff
  • report dismissal of a poorly performing employee with the Healthcare Inspectorate (IGZ)
  • appoint a free, dedicated complaint officer for clients
  • decide within 6 weeks on a complaint. If the complaint has not been handled satisfactorily, IGZ can be asked to take over. All decisions and requests for compensation are binding.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1