Do you clean vessels with a cleaning ship? For instance, you clean a ship that contains or has contained dangerous or hazardous substances. In the Netherlands, you may need a cleaning licence from the municipal authority. Information about the cleaning licence can be found in your municipal authority's Port rules and regulations (Havenverordening) or contact the municipality.
Cleaning permit rules
To obtain a cleaning licence you must comply with the rules your municipality has drawn up. For example:
- there is someone aboard with knowledge on (hazardous) waste
- you abide by the rules on port order and safety
- you abide by the rules on the destination of the waste material
- you protect the environment
- your ship is suitable for the purpose
Online application procedure via Message Box
You can also apply for a cleaning licence to your municipality via Message Box. Message Box is a secure email system that enables you as an entrepreneur to exchange digital messages with Dutch government agencies.