Logo of the Dutch government

Landlord levy

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Do you let over 50 houses in the social housing sector? You must pay a landlord levy (verhuurderheffing). Find out more.

Do you let more than 50 houses in the social housing sector for a rent on or below the threshold for eligibility for rent allowance? You may have to pay a landlord levy (verhuurderheffing, in Dutch)to the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. You can find out if you have to pay the landlord levy when you fill out your landlord levy return. The levy is a percentage of the value of the rented houses.

Filing a landlord levy return

To pay the levy, you have to log in to the secured section of Dutch Tax and Customs Administration website. Then select the landlord levy tax return form (Aangifte verhuurderheffing voor ondernemers), which can be found under other forms (Overige formulieren, in Dutch).

Landlord levy exemption

Do you invest in for instance turning office buildings into housing? You can apply for a reduction of the landlord levy (Vermindering Verhuurderheffing, in Dutch).

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1