Bus lane dispensation for taxi drivers

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
< 1 min read
Nederlandse versie

Are you a taxi driver in the Netherlands with a taxi operator licence? In some municipalities you may use bus or tram lanes. In some cases you need a bus lane dispensation (busbaanontheffing) from the municipal or provincial authority.

Applying for a bus lane dispensation

Ask your municipal or provincial authority if you need a bus lane dispensation. The application procedure and conditions may differ from one municipality or province to another. In general you will need to provide at least a copy of your driver’s licence and of your taxi driver’s card (taxipas).

Bus and tram lane dispensation in Amsterdam

Do you want to use bus lanes in Amsterdam? Then you need a certificate for the joint-use of bus lanes (in Dutch). You can get this certificate by passing the required training and exams (in Dutch) from the Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing (Centraal Bureau Rijvaardigheidsbewijzen, CBR).

This article is related to:

Questions relating to this article?

Please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO