On this page
Do you operate a childcare centre, out-of-school care or are you a childminder? Since 8 June, primary schools and childcare facilities are open for all children again. You must observe the (hygiene) rules to prevent infection with and distribution of the coronavirus.
Sector organisations together with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment have drawn up a protocol for the reopening of childcare facilities (in Dutch). This protocol sets out how childcare should be organised during the corona crisis and which rules around safety and hygiene apply.
Rules for childcare
The main rules in the protocol are:
- Employees with respiratory symptoms or a fever of 38 degrees and up, are not allowed to work and will be tested for COVID-19.
- You observe the hygiene rules the RIVM has drawn up (in Dutch). You cough and sneeze into your elbow, wash hands regularly and keep 1.5 metres distance. Clean extra and make sure that soap and paper towels are available at all locations.
- One or more of your employees is responsible for the implementation of these measures.
- Parents and employees must be able to observe 1.5 metres distance. Mind the routing to and in your facilty and arrange for parents to not bring and collect their children all at the same time.
- When children are brought to your facility you must ask about their health and the health of people they live with. If the child or one of their housemates has any symptoms such as a cold, sneezing, coughing or a slight fever (up to 38 degrees) you may not take them in. When you have doubts you must not take a child in. If a child develops symptoms during the day, you must send them home.
- Please note: children up to 6 years of age do not need to stay home if they have a runny nose unless they have a fever or are in contact with a COVID-19 patient or one of their adult family members has symptoms.
- Children are only allowed back if they or their housemate have been free of symptoms for 24 hours.
- Are 3 or more children infected with the coronavirus or do you suspect corona infections? You must notify the Municipal Health Service (GGD, in Dutch) for your municipality.
Rules for your childcare location
The protocol mentioned is meant for the childcare sector. You must have a protocol in place which is based on this specifically for your location. Discuss this with the parents' committee or the parents. You must inform parents and children on the rules in your location. Do you offer out-of-school care? Discuss your rules with the schools concerned.
1.5 metres distancing
- Children do not need to keep distance from one another.
- Employees must keep 1.5 metres distance from one another.
- Employees and parents must keep 1.5 metres distance from one another.
- You are not required to keep 1.5 metres distance from children.
Out-of-school care (BSO) on schooldays only
Do you offer out-of-school care (BSO)? Since 8 June out-of-school care is fully open again. You should take children in on the same days as before the crisis started.
As of 1 July emergency accomodation for children whose parents work in crucial sectors or jobs during the day has stopped.
You may not exceed professional childcarer-child ratio.