Logo of the Dutch government

Acknowledgement vehicles in company stock

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Nederlandse versie

If you trade in vehicles that are registered in your name, you are responsible for:

Do you not want responsibility for these issues? You need to apply for an acknowledgement company stock (erkenning voorraad bedrijfsvoertuigen).

Acknowledgement company stock

You can allocate vehicles to your company's stock digitally. To be able to do so, you will need an acknowledgement company stock. You can request this from the Netherlands Vehicle Authority (RDW). This way, you are not liable for motor vehicle tax and periodic tests. You do still have to take out liability insurance. You will also need the acknowledgement of vehicles in company stock (in Dutch) in order to request particular authorities, such as:

Dealer vehicle registration

If you want to drive on public roads in vehicles from your company’s stock, you need a dealer vehicle registration. This also applies to vehicles brought to your business for repairs or modifications, or for vehicles that are not registered (yet). You can apply for a dealer vehicle registration (in Dutch).

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1