Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government support for entrepreneurs

This article is related to:

Keeping personnel records in the childcare sector

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency

If you are the owner of a childcare centre or childminding agency in the Netherlands, you must comply with the Childcare Provisions Act Regulations (Regeling Wet Kinderopvang). According to these Regulations, you must maintain records that include the following information:

  • an overview of all childcare and other professionals, affiliated childminders and trainees employed by or active in the centre. As well as details such as the name, date of birth, diplomas and certificates obtained, the childcare centre must record the citizen service number, so that continuous screening can take place).
  • copies of all valid certificates of good conduct issued
  • an overview of the scope and composition of the parents' committee
  • an overview of all registered children (name, date of birth, address and telephone number)
  • copies of all written placement agreements entered into with the parents
  • a copy of the health and safety risk inventory and how staff should respond to an unhealthy or unsafe situation.
  • a record of registration of all members of staff in the register for persons active in the childcare sector.

You must also have a copy of your employees' identity document as well as keep financial accounts.

Childcare allowance payments

The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration transfers the childcare allowance to only one bank account. For your childminding organisation certain requirements must be met to receive this allowance directly from the Tax Administration, on behalf of the parents. The minimal requirement for your organisation is that you must conclude a specific agreement with the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. The type of agreement you have, determines to what extent you will be liable for overpayments. For more information, contact the Dutch Tax and Customs AdministrationExternal link on how to determine your best option.

This article is related to:

Any further questions?

Please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency

+31 (0)88 602 44 44

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency