Do you want to organise, or have you organised an event in the period between 1 January 2022 and 30 September 2022? If the event has (had) to be cancelled as a result of a ban on events by the government, you can be eligible for a reimbursement. The Event Guarantee Subsidy scheme 2022 (Subsidieregeling Evenementengarantie 2022, SEG) will compensate part of the costs.
The SEG is a combination of the extension of both the Temporary measure susbsidy for events COVID-19 (TRSEC) and the Additional Reimbursement Events (ATE). It is not yet known when application for this scheme will open.
Who can apply?
You can apply for the SEG if:
- The event should take place in the Netherlands (including the Caribbean part) between 1 January 2022 and 30 September 2022.
- The event is cancelled because of a government ban on events. You must be able to prove that the event was planned during such a ban or was to take place within 3 weeks after the ban was lifted.
- The event is not a private event such as weddings, company or neighbourhood parties, or parties in a private room (in a café, for instance).
- It makes no difference it is a free event or not, as long as it is a public event.
- The eligible costs are at least €2,500. Eligible costs are for instance costs for artists, technical facilities, suppliers, or security. Fixed costs, such as for example rental costs of your business premises are not eligible.
- The event lasts at most 14 days.
- As the organiser you follow all corona and safety rules that are in place at the date of the event.
- If you need an event licence for the event or for the location of the event from your municipality, you must be in possession of this licence. Or you must be able to show a declaration by the municipality that the licence would have been granted.
- If you need to notify the municipality for the event or its location, you must be able to show your municipality’s confirmation. Or you must be able to show a declaration by the municipality that it would not have objected.
- Income from support such as NOW or TVL, support from your municipality, or from sources such as sponsoring, or merchandising will be deducted from the eligible costs.
Depending on the date the event would start, the reimbursement percentage is 80% or 90%:
- Was the event planned for a (starting) date before 1 April 2022? You can apply for reimbursement of at most 90% of the eligible costs.
- Was the event planned for a (starting) date between 1 April 2022 and 30 September 2022? You can apply for reimbursement of at most 80% of the eligible costs.
You can apply for a loan to cover the remainder of the eligible costs.
How to apply
You apply for the SEG scheme (in Dutch) to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). It is not yet known when application will open. Please note that you should apply before the planned date of the event. You can already prepare your application. To do so check the information on the application process (in Dutch).