On this page
Does your company work on renewable energy in developing countries? And would you like to hire a young professional to support this work? You may be eligible for a Young Expert Programmes (YEP) Energy subsidy.
The subsidy will cover 50% of the young professional's salary for a 1 or 2-year period. The young professional can be either Dutch or a citizen from the country you work in.
YEP Energy focuses on 3 sub-themes:
- access to affordable energy for households
- renewable energy for small and medium enterprises, agriculture and social institutions
- innovation (technology, finance and business)
When do you qualify?
- you have a company based or registered in the Netherlands that is active in the field of renewable energy; not-for-profits and knowledge institutions also qualify
- your company is active in one of the foreign target countries
- your company runs a project around one of the 3 sub-themes
You must also:
- be able to supervise the young professional
- have a clear job description for the young professional
You can also take a quick test to find out if you are eligible for the subsidy.
How to apply
You can apply for the YEP Energy subsidy through the YEP Programme Bureau. This subsidy has several application deadlines throughout the year.