Does your company work on renewable energy in developing countries? And would you like to hire a young professional to support this work? You may be eligible for a Young Expert Programmes (YEP) Energy subsidy.
The subsidy will cover 50% of the young professional's salary for a 1 or 2-year period. The young professional can be either Dutch or a citizen from the country you work in.
YEP Energy focuses on 3 sub-themes:
- access to affordable energy for households
- renewable energy for small and medium enterprises, agriculture and social institutions
- innovation (technology, finance and business)
When do you qualify?
- you have a company based or registered in the Netherlands that is active in the field of renewable energy; not-for-profits and knowledge institutions also qualify
- your company is active in one of the foreign target countries
- your company runs a project around one of the 3 sub-themes
You must also:
- be able to supervise the young professional
- have a clear job description for the young professional
You can also take a quick test to find out if you are eligible for the subsidy.
How to apply
You can apply for the YEP Energy subsidy by submitting a proposal. This subsidy has several application deadlines throughout the year. The next deadline for submitting a proposal is 4 September 2023, 12:00 hours.