On this page
Do you have a project, or are you planning a project, to help households in developing countries get access to sustainable and affordable energy? Then you may be eligible to apply for the subsidy for Access to renewable energy (SDG 7 Results).
Many people in developing countries still use wood-burning or coal stoves to cook on. This is harmful to the environment. The main objective of SDG 7 Results is to give a total of 2 million people:
- have electricity in their homes
- have clean cooking stoves in their homes
When do you qualify?
There are several conditions for applicants and for their projects, among others:
- You have a company or an NGO.
- You focus on poor and vulnerable target groups, which cannot be helped without subsidies.
- Your main activity is renewable energy.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in developing countries.
- You have all the permits you require in the country in question for your application.
- Your project would be too high a risk to undertake without a subsidy.
How to apply?
You can submit the mandatory concept note from 11 October 2021, 09:00 hours until 22 November 2021, 17:00 hours.
You can apply for the subsidy from 3 January 2022, 09:00 hours until 14 February 2022, 12:00 hours. Check the Netherlands Enterprise Agency's website for more information about how to apply for SDG 7 Results.