On this page
Do you organise events? And do you want to organise an event in the period 1 July and 31 December 2021? You may be eligible for the subsidy scheme for events.
What is the subsidy scheme for events?
The subsidy scheme (in Dutch) is meant to stimulate event organisers to start planning events from 1 July 2021. If you organise an event that will take place between 1 July and 31 December 2021 you may have to cancel it because of corona measures. If this should happen, with this scheme you may be reimbursed for costs you have already made. You can receive up to a 100% of the costs you have incurred until the moment the event was banned. Do you apply for more than 80% of your costs? Any amount above the 80% will be a loan against a favourable interest rate (2%).
From 9 July 2021 the corona measures are tightened until at least 13 August 2021. Are you not able to keep to these measures for events? Then you will have to cancel your event.
In order to help organisers financially, the government has extended the subsidy scheme (in Dutch) for events cancelled due to corona measures. The extension consists of:
- a 100% reimbursement of incurred costs, without loan
- lowering of the requirement to have had 2 previous editions of the event to 1
- incurred costs for artists from outside the EU can now be reimbursed for the full duration of the subsidy scheme (1 July until 31 December 2021)
Who can apply?
The subsidy applies to all organisers of events such as festivals, concerts, sporting events and business events such as trade fairs and congresses. There is no threshold for a specific budget or amount of visitors. Conditions are:
- The event is to take place between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021
- You are allowed to reschedule an event that is already planned for a date before 1 July 2021, to a date between 1 July and 31 December 2021
- For the previous 2 editions you did have a cancellation insurance
- The event takes place in the Netherlands or the Dutch Caribbean
- The organiser follows the applicable corona and safety measures
- Free events are excluded from this scheme
- It is a public event, not a private a event
- You are responsible for organising the event and you bear the financial risks for it
How to apply?
You need to apply at least 3 months in advance of the date the event should take place. You can apply for this scheme to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (in Dutch) from 18 June 00:01 hours until mid-October. You will need level 3 eHerkenning to apply.