On this page
Do you organise events? And do you want to organise an event in the period 1 July and 31 December 2021? You may be eligible to apply for the subsidy scheme for events.
What is the subsidy scheme for events?
The subsidy scheme is meant to stimulate event organisers to start planning events from 1 July 2021. If you organise an event that is going to take place between 1 July and 31 December 2021 you may have to cancel it because of corona measures. If this should happen, with this scheme you may be reimbursed for costs you have already made. You can receive up to a 100% of the costs you have incurred until the moment the event was banned. Do you apply for more than 80% of your costs? Any amount above the 80% will be a loan against a favourable interest rate (2%).
Who can apply?
The subsidy applies to all organisers of events such as festivals, concerts, sporting events and business events such as trade fairs and congresses. There is no threshold for a specific budget or amount of visitors. Conditions are:
- The event is to take place between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021
- You are allowed to reschedule an event that is already planned for a date before 1 July 2021, to a date between 1 July and 31 December 2021
- For the previous 2 editions you did have a cancellation insurance
- The event takes place in the Netherlands
- The organiser follows the applicable corona and safety measures
- Free events are excluded from this scheme
How to apply?
You apply to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency to be identified as an events organiser. It is expected that application opens from 1 May 2021. They aim to decide within 4 weeks.
If you have received a positive decision on your status as an events organiser, you will be eligible for reimbursement of your costs in case events are banned because of corona measures.