On this page
Do you organise events? And have events been prohibited by the government as a result of corona measures? You may be eligible for the Temporary measure subsidy events COVID-19 (Tijdelijke regeling subsidie evenementen COVID-19, TRSEC), the subsidy scheme for events that were cancelled due to corona measures.
The government has announced (in Dutch) that support for event organisers will be extended through 30 September 2022. This the Event Guarantee Subsidy scheme 2022 (SEG). It is not yet known when applications for this scheme will open.
What is the subsidy scheme for events?
The subsidy scheme (in Dutch) is meant to stimulate event organisers to start planning events from 1 July 2021 onward. If you organised an event between 1 July and 31 December 2021 you may have had to cancel it because of corona measures. With this scheme you may be reimbursed for costs you have already made.
Who can apply?
Organisers of events such as festivals, concerts, sporting events, and business events such as trade fairs and congresses can apply for the scheme. There is no threshold for a specific budget or amount of visitors. Conditions are:
- The event was to take place between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021
- You are allowed to reschedule an event that was already planned for a date before 1 July 2021, to a date between 1 July and 31 December 2021
- For the previous 2 editions you did have a cancellation insurance
- The event takes place in the Netherlands or the Dutch Caribbean
- The organiser follows the applicable corona and safety measures
- Free events are excluded from this scheme
- It is a public event, not a private a event
- You are responsible for organising the event and you bear the financial risks for it
You can check all periods when events were forbidden on this Dutch-language list.
How to apply?
The Temporary measure subsidiy events COVID-19 (in Dutch) is closed. You can no longer apply.