Does your shipyard want to start an innovation project for shipbuilding? For instance by using new technology to make your techniques more sustainable? Then you may be eligible for a subsidy.
When do you qualify?
You qualify if:
- The ship you want to build or refit is an inland or sea-going vessel with a gross weight of more than 100 tons and with more than 365 kW power. Fishing boats do not qualify.
- You have not already signed a contract for the building or refitting of a ship when the application is made, but you do have a letter of intent. If you are about to sign a contract, then you do qualify.
Projects will be ranked according to 4 criteria. The higher you rank the better your chances are the subsidy is granted. A higher number of points is assigned:
- the higher the degree of innovation of the project
- the more the project contributes to the sustainability of shipping
- the more economic potential and uses the project has
- the higher the quality of the application is
How to apply?
You can apply for the Sustainable Shipbuilding Subsidy Scheme (SDS) (in Dutch) to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) from 13 June, 9:00 hours until 4 October 2022, 17:00 hours.