Does your shipyard want to start an innovation project for shipbuilding? For instance by using new technology to make your techniques more sustainable? Then you may be eligible for a subsidy.
When do you qualify?
You qualify if:
- The ship you want to build or refit is an inland or sea-going vessel with a gross weight of more than 100 tons and with more than 365 kW power. Fishing boats do not qualify.
- You have not already signed a contract for the building or refitting of a ship when the application is made, but you do have a letter of intent. If you are about to sign a contract, then you do qualify.
Projects will be ranked according to 4 criteria. The higher you rank the better your chances are the subsidy is granted. A higher number of points is assigned:
- the higher the degree of innovation of the project
- the more the project contributes to the sustainability of shipping
- the more economic potential and uses the project has
- the higher the quality of the application is
How to apply?
You could apply for the Sustainable Shipbuilding Subsidy Scheme (SDS) (in Dutch) to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) until 6 September 2023.